The new generation of Duster has been tested by European New Car Assessment Programme in the latest safety tests session and the Romanian SUV has received an overall rating of 3 stars.
The new Duster 2018 was officially launched this autumn at the Frankfurt Motor Show, with a redesigned exterior and many improvements on the interior. As expected, the new Dacia Duster was included by the Euro NCAP organization in the latest safety test session, and the model produced at the Mioveni plant received 3 stars.
Here are the most important tests results:
- Duster has achieved maximum score for protecting adult passengers in the event of side impact;
- Knee protection is good, but some components on the driver’s dashboard may pose a risk of injury;
- Head protection is poor in the case of sudden deceleration caused by an impact. However the head protection for rear passengers is good, but it has moved too far;
- The protection offered to children in the event of a frontal or lateral impact was good, except for the results obtained at the chest of a 6-year-old child in the event of a frontal impact;
- Pedestrians generally benefit from good head protection in the event of an impact, but Euro NCAP mentions poor results for the windscreen. The bumper provided good leg protection in all tests performed;
- Euro NCAP mention only the speed limiter as a safety system
Based on these results, the Dacia Duster has received a 71% protection level for adults and 66% for children. The Euro NCAP also gave 56% protection level for pedestrians and 37% for the safety systems used by the Romanian SUV.
Source: Euro NCAP